Tips in Writing Sample Application Letter for a Teaching Position for Fresh Graduates
- If you are just about to graduate, immediately state when you are graduating and your university.
- Also immediately state when you are getting your license.
- Don’t repeat what you already said in your resume. Your application letter should serve as an advertisement of what you can offer. Highlight what you think is the most relevant point in your resume and expound on that.
- Remember that you have a lot of competitions and some would most likely have teaching experience already. You need to find a way on how to rise above the clutter. One way to do this is to highlight an achievement that not many would have. You may mention a breakthrough research you have had. you may also talk about a difficult case you have handled or a special project you successfully carried on that contributed a lot in the education of many people.
- Keep it short and make sure you edit.
Sample Application Letter for Teachers [Fresh Graduates]
This is to apply for an elementary teaching position in the _________ School District. As stated in my resume, I will graduate from (state your school) in (state when you are graduating) with a (state the complete name of your degree). I am also processing my California (or whatever is appropriate) State certification. I should get it in June (or whatever is appropriate).
In my two-year Teaching Assistant job in the (state the school), I was also given the opportunity to co-handle some of the most difficult student cases in the school. It was what motivated me to do my own research and propose different activities and approaches that would garner better response from the most problematic students. My proposal was picked up by the school board and an adhoc committee was assigned to further develop it. This year, I was informed that the proposal we submitted has been approved and will be formally instituted in the next school year.
I am also a volunteer to our church’s teaching program for five years now. I now head the adult literacy program. With the assistance of five other volunteers, we have successfully helped more than 200 former illiterate adults pass their GED.
I would be eager to come for an interview or a teaching demonstration at your most convenient time. Should you need to get in touch with me, call me at ##########. Should I not answer, kindly leave a message on my answering machine and I will return your call as soon as I get the message.
Thank you very much for considering my application.
Your name and signature