Tips on Writing an Application Cover Letter for Restaurant/Hotel/Bar Related Positions
- Emphasize how you were able to contribute to the sales and customer acquisition of your previous bar/restaurant/hotel.
- Acceptable reasons for moving from one establishment to another are:
- Career move / Better opportunities
- Moving to a new place
- Better schedule
- Don’t lie, don’t exaggerate.
- Don’t use general terms or motherhood statements like “expert in”, “knowledge in”, and others. If you want to claim you are an expert in something, state why you think you are expert. Do you have an M.A. degree? Did you achieve something that only an expert would have achieved?
- Edit, edit, edit.
- Apply the K.I.S.S. principle, keep it short and sweet. The lesser words the better.
- Keep it in one page.
- Don’t duplicate what you already wrote on your resume.
Sample Application Letter for Bar Manager and Other Hospitality Related Jobs
Ms./Mr. Full Name
Ms./Mr. Last Name,
This is to apply for the position of Bar Manager.
The Cupid Soleil Bar increased its revenue by more than 200 percent under my 2-year management. My strength lies in guerrilla marketing and utilization of current manpower to create a better culture and operational processes that result to revenue increase and better branding.
I assessed the strengths of the bar’s employees and saw many rank ‘n file employees are equipped with other skills like marketing, art, and networking. I started by co-creating a strategic operational and marketing plan with all the employees of the bar. Using their existing expertise, we were able to come up with:
- more efficient processes that lessened our supplies needs by 30%,
- marketing programs using free resources like twitter, facebook, coasters, and table napkins,
- sales and referral programs utilizing existing customers and current employee contacts, and
- research processes without disturbing customer experience.
I was offered by the owners to be a partner.
I am confident that my experience and expertise will help you increase your revenue, establish a better branding, and, eventually, expand to new opportunities.
Attached is my resume for your reference. My contact number is on my resume. I also put it below my name.
Name and Signature